ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ
The layout was made specially for me.
All links open in a new tab.

 Weekend!
So... Where do I start?
It has been a busy weekend for me
First, on Friday, I had an examination (again). Well, that was that but I am not very confident for the test but I have enough bonus marks to cover for that, so I'm not too worried about it.
Anyways, so Saturday! My Mid-terms are over from then on, so I felt quite free to do what I wanted. I slept through the morning and then went out for high tea with my mum at my brother's girlfriend's CCA booth thing in YMCA. It's called Sidewalk Gallery Cafe (at the side of YMCA) but it is only open on weekends since it's run by NUS students but it is quite cheap for a CBD area (Hint: Promoting not-so-subtly).

After that we went to see some of my mum's friends, and they offered us a cocktail. Apparently it was Gin with Passionfruit. I'm a serious lightweight with alcohol but I didn't realize it when I was drinking it because it was disguised with the Passionfruit. But when I got back to the car, I realized how heavy the alcohol actually was. End of the story, I ended up puking lunch up. I always end up puking after drinking - even the one time I drank apple cider. But after that, it completely clears from my system and it feels all normal again.

We went to the old Paramount (now called Village?) Hotel near to Parkway Parade for my Grandma's sister's (my Grandauntie?) 50th Wedding Anniversary.
It was a very carefree, very lighthearted party. It was really fun. I'm not really close to many people there, but it was comfortable to be there and chat with them even despite the huge introvert I am. There was singing, dancing, performances, and stuff. At the start, they showed a video of their journey through those 50 years, and with the alcohol still lingering, I actually shed some tears over it. It is so sweet to see that there are still couples who can stay together so long, and still love each other after all that time.


My brother and I joining the line dance thingy, pretty much failing but it was really fun anyway.

And then a selfie. Hahaha.
















Today, I went out shopping (FINALLY) with my brother, his girlfriend and another friend. It wasn't that bad. I mean I actually did buy things!
A floppy big hat ($31) and a long-sleeved crop top ($15) from Forever21, 2 flower pins ($3.90) from H&M, earpiece from HMV (because I had a voucher), and I finally got a laptop case ($18) after so long after buying my laptop (3 months? or 4?) from ripples. Anyway, my mum paid for the hat and the top so I really didn't spend that much. I'm actually surprised I managed to buy this much even hahaha.
Out of all though, even though it was the most expensive, and it took me the longest time to decide to get it, I like the hat the most. It's quite big so it makes me feel all sophisticated, like some English Lady drinking tea. LOL.
So I went around the whole day wearing it. Hahaha.
I met up with Sonia and Muzna after that to do project work (though we really didn't do much at all) and ended up shopping for a birthday present for HuiFeng. I spent more on the present than on all my stuff all together, but we're splitting the cost so it's alright. I ended up having a long-ass chat with Sonia over dinner, like heart-to-heart talks about our past schools, or our families (we always drift back to that topic), going to US, etc, and it was really nice hahaha. Well, we're meeting again tomorrow to finish the project, so that obviously shows that we didn't do our work today haha. But anyways! This is been my most fulfilled weekend in ages since I usually spend it lazing in bed and then eating and going back to bed again. Haha.

Labels: , ,

"Weekend!" was Posted On: Sunday, April 6, 2014 @11:04 AM | 0Omnomnomnomnom

« Older posts | Newer posts»

Copyrighted © TeaCakeHouse.
View with Google Chrome in a 1280 x 800 SR. Inspired by Kaith, Images from Cursor from Images from

ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ