ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ
The layout was made specially for me.
All links open in a new tab.

 Treats
Being constantly around people who are older than I am, I seldom feel the age difference between my elder friends and I. But it is recently that I realized that my friends likes to treat me to things because they have some source of income. I just went out with Joe, and he got enlisted into National Service just this March. We went out today because he said he got his pay check and wanted to treat me to dinner even though the pay in the army isn't really that much. Just last weekend, Sonia also treated me to dinner and bubbletea after our projectwork. At the end of last year, Andrew also treated me to dinner and movie for a birthday kinda celebration but when during his birthday earlier in the year, I bought the movie tickets and he had insisted on paying on the meal (and thus I got another free meal instead). Even earlier in the year, Nic also treated me to a macs supper in the middle of the night and Hui Feng would give me sandwiches.

Sometimes I think about it, and I feel really blessed with all these people around me. Even though I might not express it so explicitly, but I really do feel very touched when people do things like this. I never feel that I have ever given back enough to friends like these. Life is never perfect, I lose some friends and sometimes I get betrayed and sometimes I am forgotten, but there will always still be some people that I know will be there for me. When times are bad, sometimes I just have to let go for better things to come. Friends go, and better friends come along. Even though I do keep alot of secrets from my friends, I still know that if I do need an outlet, there will still always be someone that would listen.

Labels: ,

"Treats" was Posted On: Friday, April 11, 2014 @8:10 AM | 0Omnomnomnomnom

« Older posts | Newer posts»

Copyrighted © TeaCakeHouse.
View with Google Chrome in a 1280 x 800 SR. Inspired by Kaith, Images from Cursor from Images from

ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ