ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ
The layout was made specially for me.
All links open in a new tab.

 Doctors
I just spent my whole morning going to doctors for different reasons. Honestly, I am a person who does not believe in going to doctors. I mean, sure, I'd go if I am very sick or have been sick for a very long time but if it is just a little flu or a cold, I usually let my body do the work and recover itself. I don't particularly dislike going to doctors, it's just sometimes I feel like there isn't a need to waste that money.

Today, I went to collect my TB results. Thankfully, everything went fine and I am cleared for my application. However, I really want to talk about the service of the place. I don't know whether it is supposed to be funny but here is how it went.

My mum had helped me get a queue number while I was in school and the service of the place was horrible. There had been this man scolding the ambassador of the place because he had not received his results despite countless weeks of waiting and going to the clinic. Even though the man was scolded one person, the other 3 on the counters stopped their work to watch the show. That holds up the line and after 15 minutes, only 5 customers has been served for the registration counter. Well, since I was not there, there is little I can say about what had happened then.

When I was there though, I finished my jab and had to consult a doctor to verify the other jabs I have taken through my life. I returned to the counter and told the receptionist exactly that. She looked at me, looked at by paper, and said

"You want to take all these jabs."
That is already a very weird question because those jabs were to be taken as a baby. So I told her
"No, I have already taken these jabs when I was a baby. I just need a doctor to verify I have taken these jabs and sign off for me."

"You took these as a baby," She asked again, so I told her that yes, I did.
"So you didn't take these jabs here then."

I thought I made it quite clear but she just didn't seem to get it. "No, I took these jabs as a baby in the hospital."

"Well then, how can you expect us to sign for you if you did not take these jabs here? You need to go back to the doctor who administered those jabs."

I think I stared at her in disbelief before going all no. Mind you, a eighteen going on nineteen year old girl is told to find a doctor from eighteen years ago who had administrated the jabs just to sign a document even though I had documents of the past records with me. Who knows what happened to that doctor after all those years. Provable chance that he has retired or even passed on.

"I just need a doctor to verify and check that I have taken these jabs. I have my health booklet with me and everything is written inside."

"No, you did not take these jabs here, our doctors cannot do it." I was so ready to facepalm right there and then. Thankfully, another older lady came and took over (not that she did much better since all she did was called yet another lady to attend to me. 3 people before I am finally told that I just need to consult the doctor and everything would be done.

The next doctor I went to is a different type of doctor. Instead of using western treatment, it uses traditional Chinese medication (TCM). Even though less recognised, I think that at least they know what they're doing. The doctor asked the right questions and told me the things I'm doing wrong and what she is doing that would help. When I took my TB jab in the other clinic, I didn't even know what they gave me and what it does (and I still don't). The TCM doctor explained that my body isn't absorbing the nutrients and heat in my body can't escape so it is like my body is on fire. That is why my rash came about so as to sweat out what my body is holding back. Even though I went for the rash, she told me many other things I did not know I was doing wrong. Like how I should sleep ideally at 10, or how I should eat many small meals instead of large ones because my body doesn't absorb well, and stuff like these. She even said I had lots of anxiety, something I didn't even realise myself.

All I want to say is that honestly sometimes the difference in price between clinics can vary alot but there is an underlying reason to it. Spending some money to actually understand your body might end up being more worthy compared to being served medicine you never know does exactly what.

Labels: , ,

"Doctors" was Posted On: Monday, March 3, 2014 @2:12 AM | 0Omnomnomnomnom

« Older posts | Newer posts»

Copyrighted © TeaCakeHouse.
View with Google Chrome in a 1280 x 800 SR. Inspired by Kaith, Images from Cursor from Images from

ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ