ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ
The layout was made specially for me.
All links open in a new tab.

 My Longest Friendship To-Date
Last Friday, I went to the Universal Studio Singapore (USS) with my friends to celebrate one of my friend's birthday. It is my second time there, with the first time being for Halloween. I did not take any pictures the first time but I made it up this time by spamming many many pictures. I'm not a person who likes to take pictures but I really had so much fun doing so this time. It is good to collect memories of people who has been in my life for sure a long time.

For a little background story, these friends I was out with are both people whom I met a real long time ago. One, I met in Kindergarten (that is like 5 or 6 years old?). Well, it is not like I can remember much from when I was that young but we ended up in the same class when I was I'm Primary 3 and 4 (9 and 10 years old); still, I wasn't that close to her at that time. It was only when we entered Primary 5 and 6 (11 and 12 years old) that we were in the same clique. We ended up getting really close to each other and honestly, she was the only one in the clique that I did not argue with at that time. Even though that may mean that I wasn't as close to her as I was to another, she was one of my best friend at that time.



She is a genuinely nice person, a little shy and hardly expresses her thoughts. A little of a pushover actually because she can be too nice. We started meeting up only recently but we used to be really close in the past. Even though it has been a long while, there hasn't been much of an awkward wall between us.






Another friend, the birthday boy, I met when I was in Primary 1 and 2 (7 and 8 years old). At that time, he used to have a crush on me. Me, being practical me even at that age, never gave it a chance. I always felt it was much too early for a relationship up till I was about 15 or 16. Even though he never said anything about it when I was 7 or 8, he told me about his feelings that he said was of the past when we ended in the same class again in Primary 5 and 6. I didn't really hang out so much with him but during my Primary 5 and 6 years, I was so-called the "popular kid". I got along very well with the entire class - whether or not they were the popular kids or the background people. I spoke to him on a normal basis and also played catching and such with their clique of friends.



He is a person who is a little awkward with his feelings and thoughts but he too is a genuinely nice person. I spent the whole night talking and walking with him, speaking about random things and views on things. We talked of the past, talked of opinions, talked about the nation, etc. He is enlisting the National Service this coming Wednesday and I don't know if I would be able to meet him again before I go to New York. He was studying in Australia for a period of time and it is good to see that he has a goal of his own that he is aiming towards. Many people still do not know what to do about their lives and to have an aim would help to push him down the path.




So the 3 of us went down to USS to celebrate and play. I was really high and crazy and these are the people who I dare to be so crazy without being judged. I told them so many times that I love my primary school days. I never enjoyed my secondary school days even though I never got bullied or anything. I just didn't feel like I fitted in when I was in secondary school. I really had so much fun and so many precious memories from my primary school, so it was really great to catch up and play around like little kids again.



We had some little hiccups before entering but thankfully everything was solved and we even received 2 free express tickets each.



At the Transformers ride:




The mummy ride: omg I really love this one. We went on it twice.





The jurassic park section: this was the first time I came to this area because it was closed for Halloween at that time. We played the little sightseeing tour thingy that seemed way too short for a line that long (we used the express ticket because the wait was 30 minutes even though the park was rather empty. It became 50 minutes by the time we came down). And the rapids adventure which yay! We got wet. I love getting wet hahaha.





We didn't use the drying pods, we wouldn't spend 5 bucks just to get dry hahaha. Instead, we used it to act all dorky XD.

The far far away land: I didn't go to this one before either. This area is more for younger kids and there isn't any really scary rides but we really didn't care. Like we sat on the merry go rounds, went on a small little boat trip, and a small roller coaster.




We watched a really awesome 4D shrek movie in that castle. Like they would spray water and rock the chairs in time with the actions of the movie. It was all free seating and since there weren't much people, we managed to get one of the better seats and I really enjoyed it. I remembered I watched the Ants one in LA years ago when I was still a little kid, and I loved it so much that we went back the next day to watch it again. Obviously, I have not grown up much since then hahaha. Oh and did I mention that I totally ship the donkey and the Dragon? They are so freaking adorable.


A drunken gingerbread man was tending the ticketing booth haha.


Don't know if you can see it but there is a donkey with wings on top of the coaster. Keke.

We then entered Madagascar Land where all the merry go rounds and stuff like that were.






The place was quite empty so we managed to have a wide range of animals to pick from.



Meet my new best friend! I think we look rather alike hahaha.

We then headed back out of Far Far Away land and rode the Accelerator. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of it but it is just this spinning thing that makes you dizzy hahaha. We took a selfie before going in though.



You can see the Cylon and Human rides behind us but one of my friends is afraid of roller coasters, plus the rides were closed that day so we didn't get to ride on it.



I did ride on it before though, on the first time I was here I actually found it not too scary. I used to be really afraid of roller coasters but I think I grew up and learned to enjoy it instead.

We went on to ride the mummy one last time before we snapped many many pictures on the road around.







Because of the fast queues, we managed to finish at about 5+ in the afternoon even though we entered at nearly 2pm.

We snapped more shots at the iconic globe and made I made many many dorky moves hahaha.





To end off the day, we took this picture on the way out.



One friend had to leave but I had dinner with the other and we ended up wandering to garden's by the bay. We walked from there down to the marina barrage and down all the way to the stadium. I have not been walking so much in a long time but we managed to talk all the way down. I had aches the next day though hahaha! My week's worth of exercise as I would call it.

Well, that sums up my glorious Friday. I should really get back on to my school work though haha.

Labels: ,

"My Longest Friendship To-Date" was Posted On: Sunday, March 9, 2014 @1:42 AM | 0Omnomnomnomnom

« Older posts | Newer posts»

Copyrighted © TeaCakeHouse.
View with Google Chrome in a 1280 x 800 SR. Inspired by Kaith, Images from Cursor from Images from

ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ