ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ
The layout was made specially for me.
All links open in a new tab.

 Couples


It was Hui Feng's 21st just last Friday, so we celebrated on Saturday so,
Happy birthday Hui Feng!
Not that you would read this anyway but still...
Anyway, I spent like half my time waiting for people to come. I was supposed to meet Sonia and Muzna at the mrt at 3pm. So I was there at 3.03pm and Muzna had already texted me earlier that she would go to the hotel on her own at 5pm. Sonia is pretty much always late, so I lingered around the malls for a while. I texted her when I was in the mrt, called her when I reached, called again half an hour later, all of which received no reply. I gave up on waiting after half an hour and when to the hotel directly instead. There, I waited in the lobby for another hour and a half, still calling once in a while but there was still no answer.

Angela and John came at about 5, so I went up with them instead. I didn't want to go up before because honestly I'm not what you would call the most sociable person around. I didn't want it to be absolutely awkward sitting there and stoning. Going with Angela and John, however, didn't really help much. On to that later. Anyway I went up and Hui Feng introduced us to one of her secondary school friend, I think her name was Phoebe? She was quite nice, and very very motherly LOL. It was almost like she was the host instead of Hui Feng. Hui Feng was really awkward. She's so damn cute. In a way, I'm quite similar to her in the sense that I don't like to host party because I would feel really awkward, and I would feel bad if I see a single person getting bored, or stoning in the corner or something. She was so scared that something would screw up, or that someone would be not happy or something so she was quite tense for the most part of the party.

It wasn't much longer that 1 of her french class friend came with her girlfriend. Varencia and Christa, if I'm not wrong. It was much less awkward when they were there cause they were quite funny and bubbly. We started eating stuff and watching the amazing spiderman. Angela and John... were in a world of their own so I decided to socialize on my own (I swear something about me that day just didn't want to keep silent). So I started talking to Varencia and Christa about the show and the awkward acting. I just couldn't bring myself to talk to A&J because I don't really know what they are doing on the bed behind me.

Sonia finally texted me that her grandpa was in hospital so she is not coming. A whole bunch of people came after that and surprisingly, I managed to get talking with quite a few of them. Muzna came, then Andrew and Anna came. Funnily, Andrew who is supposed to be the extrovert did not really interact with others while I'm the one talking to others instead. It was... a weird day hahaha.

Because of the party, I realize, there are like 4 types of couples.
The first extreme are couples like Angela and John. It is almost like they do everything in front of everyone. When we were looking for them for phototaking, they were hiding in the cabinet together (and none of us even had a sip of alcohol). They are like shouting out to the world that they are together, and they are touchy with each other even in front of everyone. Like there was only one king sized bed in the room, and they were getting all snuggly when all the rest of us were also sitting on the bed. Because it is only one bed, when anyone moves, everyone else can feel it so it gets a little awkward. This is the extreme that I really can't stand. Some things, I feel, should be kept for when the couple is alone.

The second type of couples are like my brother and his girlfriend. They are basically having a world of their own. When they are together, there is no one else that exists in the world. They don't interact with other people, and just play with each other. They practice more discretion around others but makes it known that they are together. I don't really like these type of couples as well, cause it completely makes people feel like a lightbulb (idk why but I always get called to hang out with such couples and it gets really awkward as well).

The third type are people who are together and makes it known but does not go to extreme measures to show it, like Varencia and Christa. I mean, they came in, introduced each other as girlfriends but they do not get all touchy or go into their own world. When I talked to them, they did not shun me away or ignore me. When they played games and Christa did not want to play, it doesn't stop Varencia from playing. They each have their own freedom and their own independence. I actually find these type of couples the best type because it doesn't feel awkward around them and if I were in a relationship, I wouldn't want to be stifled because of my partner. Everyone needs a bit of space and freedom to do what they like. It is impossible to find someone with a 100% fit. Some people likes certain genres of movies, others like certain types of games, etc. I wouldn't want to be forced to do things I don't like to do all the time just because a partner likes it.

The last type of couples are like Adelia and Andy (even though I don't know if they are still together). Very little people know of the relationship, and they keep the whole relationship a secret from others. I can't really comment on this since I don't really know how it goes. Some people prefer to keep it under covers so it is fine, but some people may feel like the other isn't proud to be in a relationship with them, and it may create some problems as well. I wouldn't mind a relationship kept under covers to be honest. The relationship is between the two, there isn't really the need for other people's approval. As long as they like each other, who is to say anything really? (even though the hypocrite in me is commenting on all of them, hahaha. But I'm not really talking about the approval, more on the appearance and thoughts towards the different types of couples)

Labels: , , ,

"Couples" was Posted On: Sunday, April 13, 2014 @3:33 AM | 0Omnomnomnomnom

« Older posts | Newer posts»

Copyrighted © TeaCakeHouse.
View with Google Chrome in a 1280 x 800 SR. Inspired by Kaith, Images from Cursor from Images from

ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ