ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ
The layout was made specially for me.
All links open in a new tab.

 Studies
I've spent the whole day researching on MBA universities and even universities for undergraduates. Sure, I'm already taking an undergraduate study in Business administration right now but my dad just gave me an option to take up a 2nd degree. So it set me thinking. If I were to do that, I really want to do Fashion Merchandising. I was thinking more towards Fashion Design at first. But the more I read, the more I realize I did not want to work as a designer. Or rather, I don't want to work for others per se. So I started searching for Fashion Merchandising. I came down to schools like The New School and Fashion Institute of Technology and the reviews from students were really bad. Somehow, I ended up with Berkeley and Marist which did not sound too bad. If I were to choose, I would take Marist though.

However, after much contemplation and thought, I think I would rather go straight for an MBA. So I started searching for MBAs with Fashion Merchandising as a concentration. Unfortunately, schools offering Fashion Merchandising (and is in fact good with that course), isn't good on the Business side. And universities offering good courses in Business just don't have the option of Fashion Merchandising. Honestly though, I'd rather give up on the Fashion Merchandising then throw away the main focus on the Master's Degree which is Business.

I narrowed down my options to several schools so far as such:

  1. University of California - Berkeley (Haas)
  2. University of Rochester - Simon
  3. University of Buffalo
  4. University of North Texas
  5. Kent State University
So far, I have only checked out the universities in US itself but I'd probably search in other areas like Europe and UK as well. It was only when I checked out the requirements of the 1st 2 schools that I start getting a little demoralized. Berkeley (Haas) is only of the top universities for MBA, so of the students they accepted, the average GPA was a 3.61 with median years of working of 5 years. Simon also has a quite famous Finance MBA program with an average GPA acceptance of 3.46 and average years of working experience of 4.96 years. Right. Remind me again, why am I setting my targets so out of reach? 

Anyway, I have pretty much decided to come back to Singapore to work for a few years before taking my Masters once again. I was thinking about going into a bank to work, but now that the merchandising thing has come to mind, I might choose to venture into that. 

I think I forgot to take my medicine again. Why does blogging remind me of that all the time? 
I can never be a drug addict, that's for sure. 

Labels: , ,

"Studies" was Posted On: Saturday, June 14, 2014 @9:01 AM | 0Omnomnomnomnom

« Older posts | Newer posts»

Copyrighted © TeaCakeHouse.
View with Google Chrome in a 1280 x 800 SR. Inspired by Kaith, Images from Cursor from Images from

ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ