ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ
The layout was made specially for me.
All links open in a new tab.

 The Good Things
So, I know I have been very negative about my whole stay here but really there are some good sides to it. So today, I'll talk about those,

People here are very willing to give compliments. I'm still not used to it myself in the sense that I do not give out compliments as easily as others do but I try. People will tell you that they like you clothes, they like your hair, they like your shoes, they like whatever. They tell you good job on things, they tell you things like that that make your day. I was uncomfortable with accepting the compliments at first, but now I just say thank you. Usually people pay another compliment back in return... I'm still working on that. It was when I was thinking about Singapore when I realized this. We don't pay others compliments a lot in Singapore. I guess we have a different mentality that we should push them harder, but sometimes these compliments really helps to boost your confidence in working on something.

People are really open in talking to you. I once said a long time again that when I was in Singapore, it took me an entire year to start making friends in Singapore under the same University program. I am that hard of a person to make friends with if not added by the fact that I do not respond to messages and stuff. Here, because everyone talks to literally everyone, it makes it easier to make friends. As much as I am only here for such a short time, I have made many friends here. It came as a silver lining that I fell out with my Singaporean friend because I started to open my network. Many Singaporeans come here and they stick to their own circle of friends and don't open out to the other cultures that are available in this campus. Because I wasn't close to any Singaporeans, I had that chance. I've made friends from Malaysia, from Japan, from Korea, from China, from Russia, from US itself, and this is coming for someone who is like potentially an anti-social (no, I'm just too awkward to make friends and open up about myself).

People are willing to give you a ride if it is on the way. I mean the cars here come way cheaper than the ones in Singapore. You can literally buy a car for US$1500 but people are way more willing to car pool here than in Singapore. Okay, maybe that is part of the reason because if you have a car in Singapore it pretty much means you are at least moderately wealthy and you're scared of getting robbed, but it's really easy to carpool here. I once had this lady who saw me carrying bags of groceries back home and she gave me a ride back. I didn't even know her. I don't know her name. All she introduced herself as was that she worked in UB and would be willing to show me her card if it would make me feel safer to get a ride.

In a way, I guess these are the things that I would miss when I leave this place. That, and the Mexican food here.

Labels: , , , ,

"The Good Things" was Posted On: Monday, April 6, 2015 @12:50 PM | 0Omnomnomnomnom

« Older posts | Newer posts»

Copyrighted © TeaCakeHouse.
View with Google Chrome in a 1280 x 800 SR. Inspired by Kaith, Images from Cursor from Images from

ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ