ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ
The layout was made specially for me.
All links open in a new tab.

 In a Nutshell
Hey peepole! It has been a long while. So much has happened since I don't even know where to start,
Well, for starters, I'm in the bus terminal right now. I was supposed to have a bus to Washington DC earlier at 11.15pm but it got cancelled in the last minute due to the incoming snow storm. I got really disappointed, not going to lie, but thankfully I could get a refund. So I got that refund, and then bought myself another ticket from another provider that goes in another route. I really hope this one doesn't cancel on me because then I'll have wasted all my time waiting here. Plus, my lodging has already been paid so that's more money down the drain.

So, I kinda lied to my mum, telling her that I am going travelling with another of my friend because I know she wouldn't let me go if I told her I am going on my own for the entire month. Writing this makes me get all excited for this trip again.

I'm going to head down to Washington DC first, then head down to Florida, Miami and then Orlando (theme park wonderland tbvh) and then take a flight up to New Mexico, Albuquerque and then down to Las Vegas, San Diego and then Los Angelos. I'm then going to fly all the way back to Chicago to meet Rinny and her friends before returning to Buffalo. Yea, I know, this is a hugeass project and I'm scared and excited at the same time.

In the meanwhile, lets see what I've done so far the previous 2 month.

Looking at the pictures I have uploaded a while back but never got to actually posting, I feel like it has been a long while. Trees were still orange and fiery then, and the weather was still warm.





It was still Halloween, hard to believe it really. I mean since then, even thankgiving has been over.
The weather was so good in fact, that I walked to what is so-called the more happening shopping mall in Buffalo. It was like 8.6miles or 13.8km. Yea, it was kinda crazy and impulsive but I remember it was a Friday, and I only have a 50min class in the mornings for Fridays, and I didn't want to waste the rest of the day away so I decided on that particularly warm day, that I shall walk (because I can't drive).
And guess what? It took me quite a long while especially since my main phone ran out of battery and I had no directions, but I actually made it there at about 4pm.

One of my aims of going there was buying shoes (especially after walking all that way in platform boots) because I didn't have shoes for certain occasions. So, my first stop in the galleria was the shoe store.


I really like those stockings, haha. I got white bunny ones too.
I went on to shop in many other stores which was surprising since I don't really shop much. Then again, it might be because I was alone so I didn't feel the pressure from anyone else and could shop at my own pace and ease. I shopped so much I was struggling with all my bags when I got home. Before, I actually considered walking all the way back, but after getting all my tuff it just proved to be pretty impossible so I took a bus home. Buses here are $2 per trip no matter where you go.




 Here's a cake I bought from the cheesecake factory. Apparently all their cakes a frozen over and needs 6 hours to defrost before eating. This was a very fortunate thing because with all my shopping bags, I kinda dropped the cake a few times and yet it still came out perfect. 



I bought shit tons of body butter because they were on offer, a mascara which I need but hardly use, and a lipstick which came in very handy because apparently after I bought this one, I lost my only other one the very next day. I really liked that one too.


A jacket I bought simply because it was $5.


The shoes I bought!


These were the shoes I had originally. The problem was that I didn't actually have shoes for presentations or to wear with dresses (and the sort).


Upcoming in my adventures, I'm going to Alaska next year after my graduation! It's like a hiking trip so it would be very different from any other trips I have actually experienced so far. I just paid the deposit for it this Monday. 

So, for Halloween, we went with a totally impulsive decision to dress up. I went with the easiest ting I could think of - Wednesday Adams. I had to spray my hair black though (but as you can see it was kind of a fail). 

On the November 8th, I went on a road trip with 3 guys and this other girl. I remember the date so clearly only because it is my 'bodyguard''s birthday. Okay, so there was this WHOLE issue surrounding this date. Apparently we had a project paper due that monday, and he was absolutely no help AT ALL. Picture this, we had a simulation running thing that takes approximately 5-6 minutes just to run once. I had to run it 400 times, make the excel formulas, the problems to the formulas and write the paper. It was meant to be a work for 3 people. It didn't help that we were a group of 2 from the start, and with him not even putting an ounce of effort into the paper, I got ticked off and told him straight up that he wasn't going to get any good reviews on the evaluation just because I know him personally. Honestly, I didn't take this very personally - like work and personal is different for me. Apparently not so for him. We had planned on going on this Toronto trip since weeks ago speccially because it was his birthday. So, despite working through the night on that very same project, I went on the trip only to find out he ditched it. I guess you can say things got even more awkward from then. I mean even before this whole drama, I was already getting ticked off about him about a lot of the things. Like legit, if you ask me to list it, I can just go on and on about it. 

Anyway, we went ahead with the Toronto trip anyway and got to eat Chinese! We even had Peking duck. No pictures of it unfortunately. 

We dropped by Niagara on the way back because the other girl hasn't seen it from Canadian side. 


Even then, christmas lightings were already coming up.

Somewhere around that time, it started snowing!! Like I was literally taking videos of snow falling like an idiot. 

(ps: this was in the morning when I left the house and was all ''ITS SNOWINGGG")

I think it was that weekend that I went on yet another hiking trip. This time, to Letchworth State park. I didn't realize how close to Genesseo that was until I was actually there. My brother studied in Genesseo for a year and a half before he got enlisted in the army. This was my first time in Genesseo though, and we didn't exactly explore the place either. We did camp out about 5 min away from my his previous school though. 




I like take pictures of trees that are bare. It looks so apocalyptic. 



We hiked out until late that night but it got too dark so we made our way back to set camp for the night. We camped at the back of someone's house because it was the first day of the hunting season and everywhere else was packed. Because of that, his parents ordered hugeass pizzas for us. We also set up a fire and had S'mores which was a first for me.













































Spot the deers!






Water splashes from the waterfall frozen on the plants.





































We were very lucky that the weather was relatively good that day. Like it was kinda cold, but we had worse days. Plus, the sun was out and bright.

That's enough photo spam for today, till next time, Ciaos!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

"In a Nutshell" was Posted On: Wednesday, December 10, 2014 @11:19 PM | 0Omnomnomnomnom

« Older posts | Newer posts»

Copyrighted © TeaCakeHouse.
View with Google Chrome in a 1280 x 800 SR. Inspired by Kaith, Images from Cursor from Images from

ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ