ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ
The layout was made specially for me.
All links open in a new tab.

 More things that are different
Since i haven't had the time to do a full post with pictures these few weeks, I just want to update a little one. This winter break vacation to me is an opportunity to experience new things and learn from it. So I tried many things I normally would not have done and come to the realization that the whole culture here is so different from Singapore. It's hard to say if it is a good thing or not but I guess that belongs to the individual's opinion. So here's my second list of things that are different here:

  1. People will hit on you. 
When I first started out this trip, I was in Washington DC and I put on some make-up for the first two days just because I felt like it. So I thought that it was the make-up that for people to start conversations with me, have random people tell me that I look great etc. I thought, at that time, that putting on make-up tells these people that you're an adult in a way. Apparently I was wrong because the days to follow, I didn't put any on and still people will continue to hit on you. Especially since I am alone. I used to read all those messages on feminism on tumblr and even while I supported the whole idea, I never thought it was this bad. I have had three guys hinting at me that they wanted to kiss me this trip alone. One was at a club which I would explain next time, but the other was just a few hours ago. I'm in Vegas right now and in the MGM Grand Hotel. I was just watching people gamble when this guy came up to me and told me my hair was beautiful. We talked a bit and then he proceeded to say that since the year is coming to an end, if my last kiss was good or bad. I didn't have the heart to say that I actually have not lost my first kiss because that is obviously an invitation for him, so i told him it was okay. Upon that, he asked if I wanted to make that "okay" better before the year ends so as not to bring bad kiss forward to the new year. I swiftly turned him down from there. 
2. Bus drivers have lots to say. 
Literally you will end up talking to the bus drivers and they will get to know you. I mean you will get to know their names and stuff like that. One even got my number. 
3. People actually use Siri and voice function a lot here. 
Anything they Google or even just to type a message, they'll use the voice function. 
4. Everyone expects you to drink. 
Even when you say that you don't drink a lot, they expect you to have a "favorite drink". Like literally the only drinks I know and tried are Bailey's, long island tea, gin, beer, white wine, red wine and champagne. 
5. At the same time, everyone expects you have some experience in the dating world of some sort.
That may be in part be because nearly everyone has some experience of some sort. Classmates are getting married and having kids already for god's sake and here i am single forever. I don't consider myself to be very pretty but one thing going for me is that i have a very petite figure. But really when I tell people that I am single, they go " No way." If I tell them i have been single all my life, they go all wide eyed and shocked. 

I gotta go now, to catch the fireworks for the new years so till next time! Happy new year peeps

Labels:

"More things that are different" was Posted On: Wednesday, December 31, 2014 @8:28 PM | 0Omnomnomnomnom

« Older posts | Newer posts»

Copyrighted © TeaCakeHouse.
View with Google Chrome in a 1280 x 800 SR. Inspired by Kaith, Images from Cursor from Images from

ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ